Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Blocks of Color

Hey Everyone! I hope you all are doing well and enjoying Fall. It's been ridiculously warm in Los Angeles and I haven't had the chance to participate in the Fall fashions of late, until last night. I was finally able to wear my new favorite suede boots from Charlotte Russe. As a woman with wide calves who loves knee high/over the knee boots, it is darn near impossible to find a pair that have the heel height I desire, all while fitting my thick legs. I'm going to let you all in on a little secret: Cheaper brands make a wider calf.





I have had the most luck with Michael Antonio and Pleaser USA (Some don't consider Pleaser to be a "cheaper brand"; however the leather is not soft and feels like pleather. This is my opinion, but does it matter?? The boots fit great). I'm not sure why this is, but it's been my experience that every time I've tried on a "regular" boot that is not specified as wide calf AND is made of manmade/PU materials, the boots fit. My calves are about 18.5-19 inches and I have about 5 pairs of boots that are knee length and higher. My theory may not work for everyone, but it doesn't hurt to try!

I was browsing various shopping sites looking for a tank style bodysuit and checked out Charlotte Russe. I spied these boots in a beautiful cranberry color and took the plunge. They fit very well and are comfortable, despite the heel height. I wore them to a night out of dinner and then a bar. I do not have a wide foot, so all Medium width shoes fit me just fine; I'm not sure these boots would do well for a wide foot.

When I bought this tunic/dress, I immediately thought to pair it with these boots because of the stark color contrast. Don't you just love when a plan comes together?? Next time I wear it, I plan on layering layering with a denim button up and adding an interesting belt. As always, thank you for reading!

Xoxo,
IvoryJinelle







Boots: Here
Tunic/dress: Here

10 comments:

  1. YASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOOOOOOOVES IT!!!! Hoooooot!! You did that BOO!! CUTE CUTE!! GIRL FRIEND THIS OUTFIT IS EVERYTHANG!!!! (yes THANG) lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE that sweater dress-over the knee boot combo! And those colors! Yes ma'am!!! You pulled this off effortlessly.

    xo
    Eesh | The Other Side of Paradise

    ReplyDelete
  4. Where else could I find 11/12 in boots like this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm assuming you mean in size? Try Pleaser (as mentioned in the post) or 6pm and you can enter your specifics.

      Delete
  5. Took me time to read all the comments, but I really enjoyed the article. It proved to be Very helpful to me and I am sure to all the commenters here! It’s always nice when you can not only be informed, but also entertained! cheap printing

    ReplyDelete

  6. Thanks for sharing your information.The insights are really helpful and informative.
    The dress itself is very comfortable and easy to wear. This dress is really high quality compared to a lot of the very similar style dresses out there.

    This dress was absolutely beautiful!! It was well made.
    Find a great collection of wedding dress .

    ReplyDelete
  7. When a gatherer of this kind of article gets not many of these figure by and by it is anything but difficult to perceive how they can get fixated by them thus endeavor to acquire more. ivory artwork

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...